After owning a used, refurbished, or imported mobile device in Pakistan, the very first thing you need to do is to get its IMEI number verified with the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA). If your device is not recognized by the authority, it may get blocked after a certain period of time and you may not be able to use it on any cellular network in the country.
If you don’t want your mobile phone to get blocked, you may need to get it registered with PTA by paying the taxes that are due on your device. The process is very easy and can be done online in a few simple steps. In this blog, we are going to give you step-by-step instructions on how to pay PTA mobile registration tax online in 2023.
So, without further ado, let’s get started with our guide!
How to Pay PTA Mobile Registration Tax Online
The process of paying PTA mobile registration tax has been detailed in an orderly manner below. Have a look:
Step 1: Create Account on DIBRS Website
- To pay mobile taxes in Pakistan, the very first thing you need to do is to access the Device Identification Registration and Blocking System (DIRBS) website.
- Once you have accessed the link, you have to register on the portal.
- You’ll see a notification on the next screen. It contains important guidelines, so make sure you read it carefully.
- Now, you’ll have to fill up two mandatory fields by selecting from the drop-down list. Specify your purpose. Select your user type either “personal” or “commercial”. Please note that the “commercial” option can only be used by organizations and importers who are registered with the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR).
- After the selection of the purpose, you may also have to specify your “user type” from the given options. You have two options: Pakistani (local, international traveler, dual national) and Foreigner (Travelled on Visa). So, pick your desired option and move towards the next step.
- Fill out the rest of the required information and click on the “Submit” button.
- Before you log in, make sure to check the email sent by PTA verifying your account.
Step 2: Apply for Certificate of Compliance (COC)
- After verification, you can enter your email address and password to log in to your registered PTA account.
- The next step is to search for the option of Individual Certificate of the Compliance (COC), which will appear on the left-hand side of your screen, right beneath the “Dashboard” option.
- After selecting “Individual COC”, you’ll see multiple options in the section. Click on “Apply for COC” for further process.
- Whether you are a local or an international traveler, pick the option that suits you best. If you are an international traveler, you may have to enter your passport number in the given section.
- As a local mobile user, you only have to provide your mobile number and operator’s name like Jazz/Warid, Telenor, Ufone, or Zong.
Step 3: Providing Your Device’s IMEI Number(s)
- Now you have to choose the correct option for the number of Sim slots in your mobile device. Some phones may have one, two, three, or even four slots.
- You have to provide the IMEI number for each of the SIM slots in your phone.
- Note: The easiest way to check your device’s IMEI number(s) is by dialing *#06#.
- Generation of Payment Slip Identity (PSID)
- Once you are done submitting the IMEI number of your mobile device, the system will generate a unique PSID.
- You are going to use this PSID to pay the taxes and dues on your phone to make it a PTA-compliant device.
Step 4: Pay PTA Mobile Tax Online, Through Mobile Wallets, ATMs, and Bank Branches
PTA Mobile Registration Tax can be easily paid online through direct bank transfer. You can also make payments through many famous mobile wallet services. ATMs and bank branches of all major commercial banks in Pakistan also accept payments of PTA mobile taxes.
Latest Updates on PTA Mobile Taxes in Pakistan
Here are all the details on the latest rates of PTA mobile taxes in Pakistan.
|Mobile Phones having C&F value (USD)||Fixed-Rate (Amount in PKR)|
|Up to 30||1,230|
|Above 30 and up to 100||6,400|
|Above 100 and up to 200||17,280|
|Above 200 and up to 350||23,800+17% GST|
|Above 350 and up to 500||34,000+17% GST|
|Above 500 and up to 700||52,000+17% GST|
|Above 700||60,000+17% GST|
Note: The aforementioned list of mobile registration tax rates may get updated from time to time if any changes are announced by PTA in the future. Make sure to keep checking back to stay up-to-date with the latest mobile tax rates in Pakistan.
Now that we have discussed the entire process of paying PTA mobile registration tax in Pakistan, it’s time for us to wrap up. We hope this piece has provided you with all the information you may be looking for in this regard. If you have any queries or feedback on any of the aforementioned instructions, write to us at email@example.com.
Also, don’t forget to read our detailed guide on PTA mobile registration in Pakistan. It will give you a complete overview of the importance of registration and verification of imported mobile devices, which is basically to stop their illegal use. We have also written a comprehensive overview of the Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) that may interest you.
For more similar lifestyle and informative property updates, stay tuned to Zameen Blog, your source for the best lifestyle and real estate blogs in Pakistan. You can also subscribe to our email newsletter to keep track of all our latest blog posts.
If you found this post informative, don’t forget to share it with your friends and family!